The Technical Communication UK 2015 conference takes place at The Beardmore Hotel and Conference Centre in Glasgow, 29th September – 1st October 2015. The Call for Proposals is now open and runs until 3rd April 2015. We welcome proposals of general interest to technical communicators and also proposals related to our special focus.
This year’s special focus is Breaking the Boundaries of Technical Communication. One of the exciting aspects of technical communication is its changing nature. Assumptions are being challenged and boundaries are being broken as technical communicators meet the needs of users today.
- What is, and isn’t, seen as technical communication?
- Is there life beyond writing manuals?
- What new innovations are emerging in technical communication?
- Can we move beyond instructions?
- What talents and skills can a technical communicator bring to other fields? Is a hybrid career possible, and if so, what does it look like?
- How can we change the way in which we work when we create content?
- What benefit is there in straddling two fields?
- What happens to those who keep to the traditional path?
We also welcome proposals on any topic that you feel will be of interest to technical communication professionals. Delegates at previous conferences have expressed interest in presentations on a wide variety of topics.
There are full details of how to submit your proposal as well as advice on how to create a proposal on the TCUK website.