- From the editor
- President’s view
- Online groups
- Award news
- Event news
- Area groups
- Business affiliates
- Your ISTC directory
- Exploring possibilities using Flare 12
Diving into the new version of MadCap Software’s Flare.
- Budget, business case and beyond
Explaining how a business case is about more than money. Done well, it provides a secure foundation.
- Seeing a new bigger picture?
Fergus Cloughley, Paul Wallis and John Burns
Talking OBASHI: a methodology to help understand, visualise and document how your organisation works.
- Become more productive and motivated
Looking at a methodology. Can ideas and methods from Lean manufacturing make you more productive and motivated?
- Is your job affecting your health?
Explaining how thought processes we use in our work can become habits that have a negative effect on our home lives.
- Is your translated data secure?
Looking at your translated data. How secure is your intellectual property? Is translation a back door, creaking long after the horse has bolted?
- How mobile is changing our industry
Considering the future. Will technology users in the future expect to get documentation in the same as news or social media?
- Creative DITA and specific requirements
Describing how to overcome three main DITA challenges after designing a course from scratch.
- Communication – naturally
Looking at what we can learn from our natural environment. How do plants and animals communicate?
- Creating VBA loops: part 2
Looping the loop to save repeating code using Word VBA macros.
- MadCap tips – Matthew Ellison
- Ethical dilemmas – Warren Singer
- Book review – Alison Reeves
- Editing – Jean Rollinson
- A day in the life – Robert Scott-Norton