- From the editor
- President’s view
- Horace Hockley Award winner – Peter Anghelides
- UK Technical Communication Award news
- ISTC International news
- Event news
- Business affiliates
- Your ISTC directory
- Merrily on my way becoming an expert
Sharing her experience of this year’s Technical Communication UK (TCUK) conference.
- Eliminating support tickets
Making customers happy by working with support to show the business value of documentation.
- Aligning academic and work practices
Proposing an alternative to long-standing individualised feedback practices in the technical communication classroom.
- Strengthening the connection
Explaining the many advantages about the new connection between Doc-To-Help 4 to Word
- Instructional design and e-learning
Is Instructional design and e-learning for me? Sally Haywood shares her experiences and gives explanations of the roles.
- Information design summer school
Describing a mind-changing week full of learning, inspiration and fantastic people.
- Which working style is right for me?
Weighing up the pros and cons of a permanent position or contract work is a dilemma
- Why medtech needs techcomm expertise
Siobhán Ní Chatháin
Exploring the potential contribution of technical communicators to medtech documentation, and the usability pay-offs.
- An introduction to
Introducing nanotechnology to technical communicators and explaining its relevance
- jQuery plugins for enhancing web content
Sharing five favourite jQuery scripts for enhancing web content.
- Backspace to the future
Raymond Eion Gillespie
Looking into whether we should go back to using text editors.
- Document content and manipulation
Changing your document’s content using Word macros.
- Book review – Alphabetical by Michael Rosen. Reviewed by Jean Rollinson.
- Adobe tips – Jake Cahill
- Reflections – Tina Hoffmann
- MadCap tips – Matthew Ellison
- Ethical dilemmas – Warren Singer
- Book review – MadCap Flare 12 Developer’s Guide by Scott DeLoach. Reviewed by Jack DeLand.
- Editing – Jean Rollinson