- From the editor
- Business affiliates
- Area groups
- President’s view
- Membership group news
- Your ISTC directory
- The ‘right to disconnect’ from work
The French can now disconnect from work emails out of hours: recommending guidelines for managing your emails.
- What size are my shoes?
Offering tips to improve confidence as a technical communicator.
- The death of sub-editing
Recalling sub-editing before computers and describing the impact that technology has had on today’s newspapers.
- Becoming a document engineer
Learning what software engineers can teach us about constructing documentation.
- Solving the content paradox
Bernard Aschwanden and Jacquie Samuels
Writing fewer words by analysing problems and crafting solutions.
- Branching out into content strategy
Imparting experience of implementing a content strategy in a non-native English company.
- Welcome to MadCap Central
Introducing the new software from MadCap which helps you with project management and source control.
- MadCap Flare to Zendesk
Sharing experience of using Flare content in Zendesk customer support centre software.
- Optimsing your VBA code
Explaining how to improve your code to make it run faster.
- The growth of DITA in the UK
Exploring why DITA usage has taken hold in the UK.
- ST4 compelling alternative to DITA
Providing a software overview of SCHEMA ST4.
- Count on it
Delivering code-breaking sessions with enthusiasm by promoting maths.
- Flow-motion: OBASHI and digital flow
Fergus Cloughley, Paul Wallis and John Burns
Describing how to use OBASHI to chart dataflow and understanding how an organisation works.
- MadCap tips – Matthew Ellison
- Ethical dilemmas – Warren Singer
- Adobe tips – Jake Cahill
- Book review – The Language of Technical Communication by Ray Gallon. Reviewed by Helen Harbord.
- Editing – Jean Rollinson