- From the editor
- Business affiliates
- Area groups
- President’s view
- ISTC Survey 2017
- Event news
- Your ISTC directory
- A marathon or a sprint?
Comparing the methods used to train for a marathon and how they can be applied to technical communication.
- From tech writing to UX-based UI design
Moving into UX and UI design using technical communication skills and a flare for graphics.
- Paperweight to conversation piece
Building a portfolio you will love (and love to talk about).
- Introduction to a consultancy model
What do consultants do? How do they work? Imparting knowledge gained from a training course.
- Industrial revolution in Fleet Street
Helping the Daily Mail to change from a hot-metal factory to a digital office in the 1980s.
- Creating compliant manuals for the EU
Selling your products on the European market? Offering guidance for creating compliant user assistance.
- A checklist for translation projects
Recommending a common-sense checklist for technical documentation translation projects.
- The art of process narrative
Considering the role of narrative in effective process documentation.
- Contextualisation and molecular content
Andy McDonald and Toni Ressaire
Looking at creating user journeys.
- Paligo: structured content made easy
Sharing his experience of using Paligo, a cloud-based XML component content management system.
- ST4: create and organise content
Proving an insight into how SCHEMA ST4 helps you to stay organised.
- Word VBA tips – Mike Mee
- Adobe tips – Jake Cahill
- Editing – John Prendergast
- MadCap tips – Matthew Ellison
- Ethical dilemmas – Warren Singer
- Book review – Modern Technical Writing by Andrew Etter. Reviewed by Marjorie Jones.