- From the editor
- Area groups
- President’s view
- Your ISTC directory
- Online groups
- Business affiliates
- Plain language approaches and examples
Frances Gordon and Candice Burt
Want to know more about plain language? The founders of Simplified explain how to make content clearer.
- Guidelines for e-learning localisation
Sharing lessons about how to create multi-lingual versions of e-learning and other complex content.
- Design visuals using Gestalt principles
Investigating the Gestalt principles and how they can be used to design visuals in product documentation
- Punctuation for professionals
Exploring the challenge of teaching technical writing skills to highly qualified technical experts.
- Miele puts its trust in SCHEMA
Philipp Eng and Adrian Schröder
Explaining why Miele chose SCHEMA ST4 for its 15000 documents translated into 40 languages.
- Topic-based video
Eran (Yuri) Kolber
The creation of videos can be viewed as topic-based writing, taken to extremes. Providing tips for improving your video content.
- How MadCap Flare re-ignited my career
Sharing his journey as a technical writer and telling how MadCap Flare played a central role in getting him where he is today.
- Creating user forms: part 2
Coding an interface for your VBA code.
- Going mobile!
Is your documentation suitable for mobile? Should it be? Introducing a series of articles about why going mobile is a must.
- MadCap tips – Matthew Ellison
- Adobe tips – Bharat Prakash
- Book review – The Product is Docs. Writing technical documentation in a product group. By Christopher Gales and the Splunk Documentation Team. Reviewed by Linda Robins
- Ethical dilemmas – Warren Singer
- Editing – Luke Finley