- From the editor
- President’s view
- UK Technical Communication news
- Mike Austin Award
- Horace Hockley Award
- Your ISTC directory
- ISTC groups and online
- Increasing user assistance visibility
Taking a journey from an information developer to a user assistance developer at SAP.
- Pursuits of the unsuspecting Polymath
From trepidation to elation; imparting her experiences and learning from her first TCUK conference.
- TCUK 2018: a CPD reflective record
CPD is important for technical communicators. Mike uses his review of TCUK as part of his CPD.
- Your turn to shine
Encouraging you to submit a proposal for the next TCUK conference.
- So what do you do?
Giving some tips on how to engage and excite people when describing your role as a technical writer.
- “RoboCop” and “HLMT” redux?
Sharing his experience showing why we don’t want to repeat old mistakes as we move into the future.
- Accessibility in online documentation
Describing how to improve the accessibility of your online output for disabled readers who use assistive tools.
- Review of Adobe RoboHelp 2019
Putting this brand new authoring tool from Adobe through its paces.
- Plunging into the waters of UX
Exploring user experience principles and how they can be applied to user manual tone and formatting.
- Information Design Summer School 2018
Outlining this annual course and its relevance to technical communication.
- The great STE myth
Deliberating the effectiveness of Simplified Technical English.
- Arrays, arrays and more arrays: part 1
Love them or loathe them, you and VBA need arrays!
- Customising your first hybrid mobile app
Showing you how to add some identity to your app with a custom icon so that your customer will recognise your app on their mobile devices.
- Ethical dilemmas – Warren Singer
- MadCap tips – Matthew Ellison
- Controlled language – Mike Unwalla
- Adobe tips – Bharat Prakash
- Book review – Information Security Management Principles by Andy Taylor (editor), David Alexander, Amanda Finch and David Sutton. Reviewed by Andrew Peck..
- Editing – Paul Baker