The back issue of this journal is available to ISTC members as a PDF file.
This issue was accompanied by a bellyband and insert from MadCap Software.
- From the editor
- President’s view
- UK Technical Communication news
- ISTC groups and online
- Your ISTC directory
- User pain points and overcoming them
How do you ensure that your e-learning is suitable for your users? The author describes six pain points and gives suggestions for conquering them.
- Are you talking to me?
Tailoring your technical documentation to specific users by creating personas.
- Improving the user experience with emojis
Can adding well known images enhance your documentation to make it more visually appealing?
- Who is the user? And why we should care
Tips for creating documentation for your users.
- Pictograms to the rescue
Putting up your hand to admit “I should have read the instructions”.
- An adventure in technical communication
Rejoicing in finding an outlet for traditional technical communication.
- S1000D for the Amphibious Battalion
Jenny Jansson and Mats Broberg
A case study about implementing the S1000D standard. Published in two parts.
- Part 2: Overview of mobile technology
In part 2 we explore further the technology behind modern mobile phone networks and their relevance to technical communicators.
- MadCap tips – Matthew Ellison
- Ethical dilemmas – Warren Singer
- Book review – Practical Strategies for Technical Communication by Mike Markel and Stuart Selber. Reviewed by Michael Hopwood.
- Content design – Robert Scott-Norton
- Editing – Jean Rollinson
- A day in the life – Thayna Desmond