- From the editor
- President’s view
- UK Technical Communication Award news
- Vote for your favourite Communicator article 2020
- ISTC Survey
- ISTC groups and online
- Your ISTC directory
- Working from home with success Maxwell Hoffmann Sharing many years of experience, this article includes tips on how remote work can be very rewarding, and how you can develop transportable skills.
- Move your learning online Helen Hill Helping you consider what to include in your e-learning content by using e-learning methodology.
- Empathy and experience Mark Monaghan Discussing how empathy, experience and knowing your colleagues and audience and improve your documentation
- Content modelling for conversation design Toni Ressaire Taking you through the process of structuring unstructured human-machine conversation.
- Soft skills in the virtual workplace CJ Walker Communicating tips and explaining how soft skills differ when you work from home instead of going to an office.
- On becoming a technical communicator Joaquim Baptista Imparting the author’s beliefs and experience with a class of professionals studying to break into technical communication.
- 6 Cs of technical communication Jyotika R Mehra Providing an overview for using the guidelines to design and develop technical content for software/hardware manuals and related guides.
- Documentation as a Product Assistant Philip Larsen Describing how MATE reinvented their product documentation using a Product Assistant solution from Layerise.
- IR35 Warren Singer Explaining the implications of IR35 for UK contractors working through intermediaries.
- S1000D for the Amphibious Battalion Jenny Jansson and Mats Broberg Part 2 of the case study about implementing the S1000D standard. Published in two parts.
- MadCap tips – Matthew Ellison
- Ethical dilemmas – Warren Singer
- Content design – Robert Scott-Norton
- Book review – Oxford Guide to Plain English: Fifth Edition. Reviewed by Warren Singer.
- A day in the life – Claire Walsh
- Editing – Jean Rollinson