In 2022, ISTC Members will be given a choice of how to receive the ISTC’s journal, Communicator, as part of their membership.
Members were consulted in May 2021 about how they would like to receive their issues of Communicator. Many members supported a move towards digital, however some members indicated that a print copy of the journal was of great value to them.
The ISTC is therefore offering its members two options when renewing their memberships in 2022:
Option 1: To receive all four issues of Communicator in digital format, as well as two printed issues posted out to them.
Option 2: To receive all four issues of Communicator in both print and digital format. There will be an additional fee of £15 for this option.
Members will be asked to choose between these options when renewing either online or with the ISTC office.
FAQs for Members
How will I access the digital copies of Communicator?
– We will send an email out as each issue is published. The email will link to the issue on the ISTC website. Alternatively, log in as a member. Then browse to “Publications and Resources > Communicator Archive” and click on the Issue you are interested in.
Can you send me my password for the website?
– If you don’t know your password, visit istc.org.uk/forgot-password and follow the instructions there.
What format will the digital issues be in?
– For 2022, we will be continuing to issue digital copies of Communicator in PDF format. Investigation into the benefits of other formats is ongoing.
Which issues will I receive in print?
– All members will receive the Spring and Autumn issues by post. Members may opt in to also receive the Summer and Winter issues using Option 2.
Why are there not other options available?
– We considered many different options and believe that these offer the best combination of quality and value for members.
Can I choose digital-only for a discount?
– You can opt out of printed copies, but we can’t offer a discount. Select Option 1, then contact the ISTC office to opt out of printed copies.
Is everything else staying exactly the same?
– The Summer and Winter issues will be printed on demand, which may change the appearance slightly.