The ISTC has publications and resources available to all. For members, there are additional resources available, see resources section below. Some publications and resources are only available to members. Log in to make them visible in the Publications and Resources menu.
The ISTC publishes:
- A respected award-winning quarterly journal, Communicator
- A lively monthly newsletter, InfoPlus
- ISTC Books on aspects of technical communication (available for purchase; 25% discount for ISTC members)
- A selection of free Articles on issues particularly relevant to technical communication (all articles were previously published in Communicator, a resource available to ISTC members).
If you are interested in advertising in either Communicator or InfoPlus, see Advertise with us for more information.
The ISTC Podcast
Publicly available resources:
- InfoPlus – ISTC monthly newsletter containing news and information on technical communication
- Accredited courses – for new members interested in training on technical communication. A discount is offered to ISTC members.
- Document templates
- BSi/ISO Standards – available for purchase at a discounted rate
- Useful Madcap Resources.
Resources for members and business affiliates:
- Communicator archive enables members to access all issues from 2004. The Communicator indexes help you find articles by subject, author and issue.
- Surveys – view results of the ISTC annual surveys
- Oxford Reference Online – access to a wide range of reference material
- ISTC logos – logos in a variety of sizes and file formats for use by members and business affiliates.
- ISTC forum – online forums for discussing technical communications topics. Includes job posts, general discussion lobby, advice for new members and more.
- Area Groups – join one of the local area groups where like-minded professionals can share knowledge and socialise.
- TCUK Metro Conference website – view presentations from speakers at previous TCUK Metro events
- UK Technical Communicator Awards – find out about our awards programme and view details of previous winners.
- ISTC YouTube channel – view a range of useful ISTC videos from TCUK and previous award programme winners.
- ISTC mentoring scheme – ISTC offers a voluntary mentoring scheme for Junior Members.
- Continual Professional Development (CPD) – guidance and support for members on how to complete their voluntary CPD records.